Cambria Leann

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I have grown.

"you.. just have a lot of baggage."

As these words were said to me, I could feel the pain. It hurt because I knew what he was talking about. He was talking about an experience that has made me who I am, made me a better person. As I look back on this summer of dating, and now ending a relationship I have realized that only that comment could have hurt me so badly. Something I hold so highly was referred to so lowly. It took a shot a who I am today. However now I have the choice to continue to allow it to bring me down, or simply just let go and forgive. I am working on the latter. 

"It takes a lot of work to forgive someone who has hurt you"

As a birth mom I know that there will always be people who can't accept it, who judge, or who just can't handle it. They haven't been taught. If nothing else I hope to teach others about the miracle of adoption. How it has made me who I am. That although I have made mistakes in my past, those mistakes don't define who I am today. Because I am a far better person than I was 2 1/2 years ago. I have grown.


5 comments:

Audra Owens said...

I remember when I was younger how big a deal "baggage" was. Guess what, you just experienced trials a lot earlier than other people, cuz believe me, by the time most people hit 30, probably 90% of us have "baggage" of some kind. Such a lame word. "Baggage" when overcome is nothing more than a learning experience that makes you a better and stronger person, FAR better than the PUNK who said that to you.

kristinanne said...

you should have just said, yeah I do. and, it's beautiful and helps me travel lots of places and be stronger, older, and better than some of my "peers." and, then walked away. just look up and keep moving forward.

Rebecca said...

Learning to accept people for who they are and love them is a very hard lesson to learn. It says so much of you that you have learned that (as well as many other things) so young. You are an amazing women and you deserve the best. Love you!

Mama Bear said...

hey! thanks for stoping by my blog! love your honesty and always love to hear from the side of birthmoms!!! I want to link to you other blog with all the real answers form adoptive families, that is good info!

ashley said...

I hold my divorce high on my list of things i love about myself. It freaking blows when a guy says ohh youre divorced... you have a lot of bagage hold in there. it gets better.