Cambria Leann

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Induction Day

(Induction day 11/10/08)
This day one year ago was induction day.
Let's just say I was not happy at all.
I had picked my hospital and wanted her to come on her own. But after her due date came and passed, my doctor brought up the word induction. He said he'll go check availability and come back in a moment. That I could deal with because I still would get to have the last call right? Wrong. He came in with a paper and my scheduled induction time at a different hospital. I left and cried. I cried because it was a different hospital, I cried because I knew this would be the start and I wasn't sure if I was ready.
My induction day I woke and curled my hair. Went to work with my dad and worked on online school. The lovely ladies that work with my dad made sure I had all of their numbers, just in case. My friends picked me up and we went driving around. We visited my favorite teacher, and as I left I whispered tonight I go to the hospital. She told me it would be fine, and she hugged me. I went home, and ate dinner. Called the hospital and instead of coming in at 8 pm, it would be 10. So I had time to hang out, and take a shower. And take pictures. I was huge! We left for the hospital and I drove the car. We arrived and waited in the lobby. They took me back to my room eventually. They started asking questions to put in the computer. The lady bothered me because she didn't trust me. She asked questions and congratulated me on going to the doctor the whole pregnancy. Which I thought was rude. When finally we were done with tons of questions like "did you take care of yourself while pregnant?" it was around midnight. She gave me two pills and told me to get some rest that tommorrow would be a big day. I knew it would be, and the events of the next few days would be. I was restless all night... I knew tommorrow would be a journey.

3 comments:

Katt said...

I am thinking of you today Cami!

You are so awesome & always in my thoughts. Lily has grown to be so beautiful & i see you when I look at her pictures. You are SOOOO very blessed to have such wonderful & caring parents for her!

I love you & miss you

sambonez7 said...

This day was the beginning and the end of so many things for you. You are amazing. I hope you never get tired of me telling you that because that is one of the first things that I think of to discribe you!! Simply amazing!

Suz said...

Oh gosh... I remember that day like it was yesterday! Can't believe a whole year has gone by... I think Lily will always be greatful for that beginning. You are the avenue for which she gained a body... something that brings her closer to eternal life. And then you had the love, wisdom and selflessness to give her a home where she can have all that you wanted her to have. Whats not to love about that?! Be happy. You're great! Sure love you.